Wednesday, September 22, 2010

ESL L5: Chinese Five Elements

Wednesday, September 22, 2010


Water, Wood, Fire, Earth, Metal

Today we began our exploration of the Chinese art of using five elements to identify one's personality.

I found a more detailed Five Element Personality Test. I think you should take this, because it has many, many excellent vocabulary words for you to describe someone's personality. It is a great way to test your knowledge. For each word you need to look up in your dictionary, make a flashcard, or enter it in your Vocabulary Notebook. Here is more information about each personality type.

For the record I took the test. Here are my results:

Fire 20 %
Water 25 %
Wood 22 %
Earth 7 %
Metal 24 % 



I found another test with a lot of additional vocabulary for you. My results were:
Wood Archetype: The Pioneer.............................. 8
Fire Archetype: The Wizard.................................... 16
Earth Archetype: The Peacemaker......................... 7
Metal Archetype: The Alchemist.............................. 11
Water Archetype: The Philosopher......................... 14


My results are a bit varied but taking into consideration my class results (Water/Metal), it is safe to say I am quite strong in Water and Metal. I would have to do more analysis to determine how Fire and Wood play into my personality.


Today's Holidays Around the World
Bulgaria: Days of Liberation
International: World Car-Fee Day
Mali: Independence Day
Norway: Birthday of Princess Martha Louise
United States of America: American Business Women's Day


Homework for September 22, 2010

  1. Journal: How I Think I am Doing in this Class (150 words)
  2. All Journals from August 23 to September 22 are due. 
  3. Unit 3 Writing Worksheet
  4. Unit 3 Reading Worksheet
  5. Wuthering Heights: Ch. 6
~Happy Studying!~

No comments:

Post a Comment